Thursday, October 30, 2014

"A Misconception" by Noah Kim, a poetic response to "The Sound of the Hollyhocks"

"A Misconception" by Noah Kim

A Poetic Response to "The Sound of the Hollyhocks" by Hugh Garner

I thought love would last forever,
but it was heartlessly betrayed.

I thought I was superior, 
but I was absolutely powerless.

I thought I was important,
But I was just a tiny piece of the world.

I thought I was living for a purpose, 
but I was striving for nothing.

I thought people were smart,
but they knew nothing.

The Hollyhock was the only thing
that knew the truth.

I thought I could trust it,
but at the end,

It betrayed me.

1 Comments:

At November 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Ms. K. said...

nice poem. I think the use of couplets and repetitive structures helped with the rhythm of this piece

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home